Any Webelos Scouts are welcome to join us for the troop meeting at 7 PM on Thursday January 22 for Klondike prep.
For the Klondike Derby, all participants need to be prepared for the outdoor winter weather with the following:
- Waterproof boots; boys showing up in sneakers cannot participate.
- Gloves and hat. In fact, these are so important bring at least two.
- 3-plus layers of clothes. This is now a standard: a wicking layer (long underwear), an insulation layer (fleece or wool sweater for example) and a wind/rain protection layer (waterproof winter coat). This should also be applied for pants (ski or snow pants over a fleece or insulating layer and long underwear .
- Scarf or Balaclava – something to cover your face – probably in fleece but other materials work well too
- Water bottle with water
- Nice to have: glasses/goggles